Thursday, January 21, 2010

Has anyone had a California Spray Tan before their wedding?

I want a bit of colour for my big day and ALL the magazines mention having a spray tan 2 -3 days before the wedding and I have been given a voucher for one but I'm not sure about it. Has anyone had one for their wedding and would they recommend it? How long do they last and is there a risk of it going patchy or streaky in the 2 - 3 days after it's done?Has anyone had a California Spray Tan before their wedding?
My sister did and regretted it. It's always going to look fake. The photographer told her later than a bright white gown against a tanned skin tone is going to make it look darker and more orange and the camera picks up things differently than in person. The most flattering look is pale and natural.Has anyone had a California Spray Tan before their wedding?
You'll only end up looking like an oopma-loompa, hon.





Get a lotion with small amounts of self-tanner in it like Jergens (I think it's called Natural Glow, or something like that), and start with that a few weeks before. Let it build slowly until your skin is how you want it, and then maintain it until your wedding. I would much rather you went this route because the color comes up slowly over a few days or weeks, and if you don't like it, you can just stop using it and it will fade.





This is definitely NOT the time to experiment with something that you've never done before in the days prior to your wedding. Not a good plan.





:D Best of luck !!
I've done one when I was the MOH in my sister's wedding. For my own wedding I went the old fashioned route %26amp; used the tanning bed. I know, I know.





Anyways, you will not look orange or oompa loompa-ish if you go to a real place. This isn't like the at home sprays.





I highly recommend getting it done well before your wedding. Try it out before going out on the town one weekend or before your bridal shower. That way you can see how it holds up to sweating %26amp; photographs.





When you go, you'll want to wear old clothes as the spray will rub off on your clothes. (Any stains washed off of my clothes though) Don't shower until the next day to let it really set. It's definitely worth the try!
If you're going to do a spray tan I would do it far before your wedding. Maybe test it out a month before or something, so if it ends up looking bad you have enough time for it to wear off. I have known people to get them and they look great and then some just look bad. Unfortunately, I think it really depends on where you go and who is getting it done.
I'd say skip it. I actually did the spray tan as a trial a few weeks before I was in a wedding and it was not pretty. My ankles, knees and elbows all looked dirty and it was streaky in places. I wouldn't risk it for your wedding. Natural always looks better!

No comments:

Post a Comment