Saturday, January 23, 2010

Will a salon spray tan cover stretch marks?

All my friends are going swimming because obviously it's boiling. I'm really self concious though of my stretch marks and also a scar i have from a belly button piercing. Do you think a professional spray tan done at a salon will cover them?Will a salon spray tan cover stretch marks?
I cannot say for definate whether a salon spray tan will 'cover' stretch marks, as I have never tried it myself. Why not just go along and give it a go? worth a try...





The only experience I have had is natural sun tanning and fake tan you apply at home. Neither covered/disguised my stretch marks, infact, it made them stand out 10 times more.





I have in the past gotten a nice natural dark tan from using a sun bed. I didn't even think about my stretch marks. But one day when I was drying myself after a shower I looked down on myself and could see all these white streaks on my thighs and stomach (they were my stretch marks)... I had really nice golden dark skin but the stretch marks were still as white/silver as they have ever been and it looked awful!





I also recently tried fake tan to see if that would cover my stretch marks (I purely bought the fake tan for that reason, to find something that might disguise my stretch marks)... I bought Xen-Tan Dark Lotion - it has very high reviews and is a great self tanner, not cheap either.





Well anyway, I tried it on the stretch marks on my thighs and stomach and nope, it didn't cover them one bit. It looked absolutely disgusting in my opinion. The thing is, when stretch marks fade they are normally a shade or two shades lighter than your 'normal' skin colour. But when I applied the fake tan over the stretch marks, they didn't even get slightly darker... it was as if someone had rubbed a fake tan repellent onto each stretch mark!





I got a tip from someone online... she told me to apply the fake tan to each individual stretch mark first with a cotton bud, to get the stretch marks built up with some colour first, she said to do this a few times... then once that's dry apply the fake tan properly all over the area... well not even that worked, they still were showing up white like scars... so now I have given up.Will a salon spray tan cover stretch marks?
Im really self concious to.





im not sure about the spray. but i do know the that self tanning lotion does not cover them, it just makes them darker with you





when you have a tan, you most of the time can see stretch marks better than a pail white person.





how i now? because i have stretch marks also and i have tried the self tanning and it didnt cover them





but like i said im not sure about the professional spray tan, it might or it might not work.but most likely it wont.





Well good luck with what you choose! i hope it works out for you cuz i know how it is with stretch marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment